Let's Get Spooky, Plain City!
Plain City businesses and organizations are invited to participate in the 2023 Fall Business Decorating Contest!
Join us and you could be recognized for your efforts. This October, turn your storefront, windows, or sidewalk area into a spooky, family-friendly Halloween or harvest display. Let your imagination run wild! This contest is a fun way to celebrate the season, create a festive community, attract visitors, and showcase your business or organization. This contest is open to all businesses and organizations physically located within the Village of Plain City. Residential properties are ineligible to participate.
It's easy to participate. All you need to do is register to let us know that you are participating. The deadline to register is 4:00 PM on Friday, October 13, 2023.
Then, the fun begins! Decorate your storefront, windows, or sidewalk area with a family-friendly Halloween or Harvest display.
- Decorations must be visible from the sidewalk/public areas.
- Decorations need to be installed and ready for viewing by Monday, October 16, 2023.
- Judging will occur the week of October 16 with winners being notified by Friday, October 20.
Remember, this contest is designed to promote your business or organization. Let everyone know that your business is getting into the spirit!Categories:
- Top Halloween Display (First, Second & Third Places)
- Top Harvest Display (First, Second & Third Places)
- Originality: the display offers a unique design and the creative use of decorations.
- Arrangement: the overall display and placement of decorations is well executed.
- Theme: the display includes a unique storyline or scene.
- Overall Presentation/Spirit of the Season
2022 Contest Winners
- 1st Place: Rummell, Brill, Cassady Insurance, 127 W. Main Street
- 2nd Place: Richwood Bank, 601 W. Main Street
- 3rd Place: Front Porch Home, 114 W. Main Street
- 1st Place: The Grainery, 138 W. Main Street
- 2nd Place: Mainstreet Treasures, 150 W. Main Street